Web Design is not a doddle! Hence we brought Top 10 Web Design Principles That Every Website Designer Should Know. Needless to say, web design is the utmost important thing one should keep in mind while designing a website.
Often said, “Beauty is in the eye of the beholder.”
However, the effective web design is determined by the users of the website and not by the owner of the site. There are several factors that affect the applicability of a website. And this is not just about the form look, but it is somehow for its functionality too (meanwhile to say how easy is it to use.)
Thus, this is what we are elaborating here! Keep reading…
Top 10 Web Design Principles
The sites, which are not well designed means the sites with uncatching designs tends to perform poorly and too have suboptimal Google Analytics Metrics like high bounce rate, etc.
So, what makes effective web design? Following are the Top 10 Web Design Principles which will make your website effective, easy to use, and attractive.
Now, let’s get cracked! Towards the effective web design principles for every website designers as follows:-
1. Good Design Makes A Product Fruitful
What makes a site fruitful, and what does it takes to make a site fruitful? Well, these questions are a little bit tricky. Because the fruitfulness of a site can depend on many aspects.
Some of the prime aspects are as follows:-
- Fruitful for the visitor.
- Fruitful content.
- Fruitful for other machines.
However, a product is purchased to be used. And thus, it has to satisfy certain criteria. Not only the functionality but also the psychological and aesthetic designs. A good design emphasizes the usefulness of a product, in which nothing can be overlooked, It may be far from it.
2. Good Design Is Inventive
Well, this principle is completely based on something that is the basis of web design, which stands for “inventive.” A designer must always keep the fact innovating. Because it can make all the big difference in a good design.
Following are some of the basic aspects of good design:-
- You must approach each and every project with an innovative mindset and critical thinking. Just in terms of UI & graphic design.
- Always try to push your ideas forward and explore the boundaries as huge as you can. Often, use the new creativity as an innovative tool to stand out in the cooperative industry. Well, if you’re not very aware of web designers tools. Then, feel free to move along with our blog on Top 12 Tools for Web Designers in 2018.
- Always be with the new stuff around you. Meanwhile to say be updated with new stuff whether it’s a graphics creation tool or a new coding language.
Hence, managing innovate is not a doodle. So, constantly keep evolving and trying the new objectives.
3. Don’t Squander Users’ Patience
In every project, when you are going to provide some services or tools to your visitors. Then, try to keep your user’s needs minimal; Users are required to perform fewer actions to test a service. The random visitors is actually trying it out.
Often, visitors are ready to play with this service for the first time, rather than filling out long web forms for such an account, which they never use in the future. However, let users explore the site and search for your services without complying them into sharing private data.
It is not fair to force the users to be bound to enter the email address to test the features.
4. Good Design Is Esthetic
The beauty of the website is the balance between the visual details and its utility. Beautiful websites are those that provide a unique experience when you visit them and offer relevant content.
Following are the purely design-orientated perspectives that can help a web designer in achieving effective esthetic quality in web design:-
- Typography: The most important thing that many peoples think is the way you display text and select a typeface. To be able to read and highlight different content is based on the typography which you select for your site.
- Framework: While building the base structure of a site. You should make the decision on how the information is to be displayed to the visitors. However, keep it in some kind of order or grid table. Often, work on white space very carefully. Because the different ways of displaying information interpret the human eye on your site content.
5. Good Design Makes A Product Understandable
To make it easier to understand a website, you have to clear the views of those goals that websites are designed to display. Meanwhile to say its navigation should be easy to use and understand.
Like, if you have a web store, then the goal is to sell. Hence, make your design as clear as you can. Because tailoring the experience of displaying the products and the way visitor checks it out.
6. Focus On Users’ Attention
Well, we all know that sites offer both static and dynamic content. Some aspects of the user interface attract more attention than others, obviously, the images hold more eyes than the text – such as sentences marked as bold is more attractive than that of plain text.
However, the human eye is a high non-linear device, and web-users can quickly detect edges, patterns, and motion. This is the reason why the video-based advertising is extremely disturbing and distracting.
But from the marketing perspective, they work perfectly to capture users’ attention.
7. Good Design Is Self-Effacing
A website must undoubtedly commit to two key points which are as follows:-
As we all know that, it’s really easy for a designer to get lost in decorative and graphic details. But no! Keep content live – visitors should reach the information as soon as possible. Then work on graphic details and crafts the users experience while visiting a site without making people get lost in it. Hence, the design should be neutral.
Accessibility is another aspect. Hence, you should keep in mind the basic rules of web accessibility while designing a website.
8. Strive For Modesty
Meanwhile to say “Keep it simple.” (KIS) principle should be the primary goal while designing a website.
However, users rarely enjoy the design of a website. In addition, in most cases, they are looking for information despite the design. Hence, try to drive the modesty means simplicity instead of complexity.
Well, from the user’s point of view. The best website design is a pure text without any advertisement. In addition, the content should match exactly the query visitors are looking for.
9. Good Design Is Abiding
Abiding sites are always controversial. But this principle can be easily applied in the trendy side of the design. In other words, there will always be a new trend in web design, do not follow them without thinking carefully about the purpose of a fundamentalist change in their design.
However, a site should always update its content. But it should primarily be in the design with small iterations for a long period. So, that the visual experience and technology can improve and refresh it.
10. Good Design Is Environmentally Affable
Meanwhile to say web design should be environmentally friendly. It should be mobile-friendly, user-friendly, etc.
However, It is difficult, and for this principle, I will point out optimization. Hence, while designing a website you will not reduce the carbon footprint very much or save the rainforest. But there are some points that you can keep in mind while doing so, which are as follows:-
- Reducing the amount of bits to download the page.
- Using customized images for the web.
- Optimizing code to make it easier for your browser to use less energy to display your website correctly.
Here, in this blog, we have discussed the Top 10 Web Design Principles Every Website Designer Should Know.
Often we concluded its layout, its definition, and the principles of the same in detail. They do add value to any blog post. And, this leads to the end of the blog.
We hope this blog helped you. However, if you found the blog useful, do not forget to use the comment section provided below. Also, share the blog with your peers. You are on your way to getting more exposure.